We are pleased to introduce you to Kerry Foster, who is one of our Virtual CFOs at Finatics.
Kerry is a professional accountant with many years of experience leading large teams in both public and private enterprises in a variety of industries, including transportation and housing. Her most recent position was Director of Financial Services for the Government of Manitoba.
“I’m excited about being able to provide people with the information to help their businesses survive and grow,” says Kerry, who holds her Bachelor of Accounting Science degree as well as her designation as a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA).
She was also a member of Financial Executives International and the Internal Audit Association.
“We’re so fortunate that the technology is there now to support working remotely. I’ll be able to support owners and employees across Canada by providing strategies for improvement,” says Kerry. She notes that her advanced certification in Quickbooks and other reporting and cashflow software is always appreciated by organizations.
As Virtual CFO at Finatics, Kerry offers expertise in several areas, including:
- Implementing integrated planning and budgeting processes
- Leading and coordinating the preparation of an annual budget
- Evaluating and developing internal control procedures
- Assessing risk by evaluating the flow of transactions through various departments
- Leading projects to implement new accounting and payroll software
- Presenting accounting education seminars for company leaders
- Overseeing financial and variance reporting, including key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Providing leadership, direction, and focus to ensure the comptrollership function is maintained appropriately to meet the needs for financial control, accountability, budgeting, reporting, and safeguarding financial assets
Finatics President and Virtual CFO Michael Haight is quick to point out that Kerry’s skills in financial planning and analysis are matched by her leadership abilities. He says he hired Kerry for her amazing personality and ability to work well with diverse teams.
“We worked together years ago and Kerry was a true leader,” explains Michael. “With her team approach to management she built a strong rapport with all of her staff and colleagues. Her guidance and mentorship were aimed at helping people succeed.”
As for Kerry, she looks forward to meeting business owners and leaders from across Canada and sharing her expertise as a Virtual CFO: “I joined Finatics because I look forward to working on a variety of different projects with large and small organizations. I’m excited to be part of the team.”
Join us next week when we discuss the role of Virtual CFO in more detail.
If you would like to talk to us about how Kerry could help your business, please contact Finatics to discuss your business goals.